Aloy is suprised to find a Tallneck frozen in ice. As she approaches, she sees Daemonic Glinthawks and Scrappers in the process of scrapping the Tallneck, and the bodies of the Banuk who fell protecting it.
Upon killing the nearby machines, Aloy assesses the damage: while the body itself is mostly undamaged, three crucial parts were torn away by the machines. After retrieving and reattaching the parts, Aloy reawakens the Tallneck with her spear. The Tallneck then pulls itself out of the ice and returns to its standard path.
Like all other Tallnecks, Aloy must find a place high enough to jump onto the Tallneck, which is surrounded by machines. She then proceeds to climb to its head and override it, gaining a map of the Cut.
- Approach the Tallneck
- Kill the Scavengers
- Scan the Tallneck for Damage
- Find Missing Tallneck Parts
- Find Tallneck Part: Stabilizer
- Find Tallneck Part: Array
- Find Tallneck Part: Actuator
- Repair the Tallneck
- Attach Stabilizer
- Attach Array
- Attach Actuator
- Activate the Tallneck
- Jump onto the Tallneck's Back
- Override the Tallneck
The following datapoints are obtained automatically during this quest and cannot be missed.
Frozen Wilds Text Datapoints - World
- This activity is unique among the Tallnecks, being the only one where the Tallneck is not initially functioning.