Melee weapons allow the player to get up close and personal with enemies. They have a variety of uses such as stealthily taking out enemies, or smashing armor plates off machines.
A number of NPCs, both friendly and hostile, also use an assortment of melee weapons that are unavailable to the player. The weapons used are typically dependent on the faction and/or tribe. NPC-only weapons can be divided into two categories: One and two-handed weapons, each with their own moveset.
- Axes (of differing makes and quality), used by Naunuk, Urkai, bandits, mercenaries, Estate guards, and the Eclipse
- Carja Sword, used by Avad, Helis, Nil, and Uthid. Some Shadow Carja can also be seen with these equipped, but are not used in gameplay.
- One-Handed Hammer, used by Olin and some Oseram mercenaries.
- Shock Baton, used by Eclipse Cultist Priests
- Oseram Warhammer, used by Erend and the Vanguard
- Explosive Staff, used by Elkend, Ullia, bandits, and some mercenaries
- Longbow, used by Bandit Brutes and their elite variant
- Tribal Spears