The Daybrink, known formally as the Great Lake of the Daybrink and occasionally called the Daybreak, is an unmarked location in Horizon Zero Dawn. It currently serves as a de facto border in the civil war between the Carja and Shadow Carja tribes.
The lake is the largest body of water in the Sundom, located in the west. It serves as the headwaters for Meridian's aquaducts.
- "Most extraordinary of all are those reports of a lake one hundred times the size of the Daybrink."
- ―The Forbidden West
- The location shown in the Lake Powell vantage point matches the real world location of Lake Powell in the state of Utah.[note 2]
- The usage of the name "Daybreak" here is evidently an error or an alternate name for the lake.
- This location was determined by the name of this vantage point.
- "[Blazon Arch], founded to commemorate an early Sun-King's crossing of the Great Lake of the Daybrink..."
- ―Horizon Zero Dawn Collector's Edition Guide, page 543